It’s Winter Solstice in the northern hemisphere which means today is our shortest day and longest night of the year.
For many religions and cultures over the ages, Winter Solstice was a vital turning point. After many months of the sun gradually (and scarily) “disappearing”, the solstice’s passing meant the return of the life-giving sunlight with the days getting longer again!
But before we charge into celebrating the rebirth of the sun, I think its important that we fully honor and experience today’s longest night because it can hold many treasures.
This longest night and the winter season that follows is the time when nature stills and goes inward, and it’s the perfect time for us to do the same.
Tonight, and over the next couple of weeks, try to give yourself permission to get quiet and reflect. To cozy up, nurturing your instinct to hibernate and restore. To let go of the effort and just be.
To observe the Winter Solstice tonight, you could…
- Turn off all the lights (and electronics!) and spend a few minutes sitting and slowly breathing into the dark. Imagine it as a soothing blanket surrounding you.
- Take a slow quiet walk, tuning into the stillness and connecting to the trees that have gone dormant above ground but whose roots continue to grow in search of nourishment.
- In candlelight and quiet, write about how you’ve grown in this past year and what you are ready to let die and leave behind.
- Take a few minutes to breathe into the pain/darkness you’ve been carrying. Or put some music on and express it through movement. Giving yourself space to fully feel your pain is the key to moving through it. As Kahlil Gibran said: One may not reach the dawn save by the path of night.
Learning to be with the dark and embrace the winter helps us open to the richness of this wild, precious life year-round…and not just when the conditions are perfect.
Wondrous Solstice to you, Dearest!
P.S. if you’re in the southern hemisphere…Happy Summer Solstice, you lucky devil! 😉
WORD OF THE YEAR WORKSHOP
What quality is calling to you for 2018? Joy? Space? Courage? Sexy? Serenity? Magic? Love? Adventure? Soften? Power?
This intimate one-night workshop (10 people max) has become a fave annual tradition for my tribe and for me. In this moving, fun, and powerful evening you will:
– mine 2017 for its best gifts and lessons
– do a ritual to release what you DON’T want to take into the New Year
– get clear on what you are truly longing for in 2018
– uncover your specific word/energy of the year
– use various tools to energize the quality and tangibly weave it into your year ahead!
Cost for evening workshop: $40
Tues., Jan. 9, 2017
7 to 10pm – TORONTO
(small workshops for grads of my programs)
Thurs., Jan. 4
OR Wed., Jan. 10 You will mine 2017 for its best gifts and lessons, go through a ritual to release what isn’t serving you from this past year, get clear on what you are truly longing for in 2018, determine your word/energy of the year, and use various tools to energize that quality and weave it into your year ahead! *My “Word of the Year” Grad Circles will be open to guests of grads as well.
The Life Reboot Program is a personal development intensive to explore, center, and ignite your life.
You might have tried various courses, books, workshops, therapies, etc. in the past to breakthrough to the next level of your life, but things just didn’t stick. Well, this soulful, practical, and sometimes rowdy body/mind/spirit adventure uses DAILY work (powerful audio recordings, exercises, & email coaching) to create shifts on a tangible real-life level along with intimate and exhilarating weekly workshops (10 people maximum).
The result is deep, tangible, and lasting changes. Think of this as your own 7-week personal revolution!
Get ready to:
- Take on that big dream you’ve been feeling stuck around
- Stop living on autopilot and WAKE UP
- Bust through stress and anxiety and find a deep sense of peace and contentment
- Build a customized life game-plan for your most spectacular future
- Laugh more: lighten up and invite in more joy, fun and creativity
- Free yourself from self-imposed limits & unleash your full power
- Invite more love into your life & cultivate deeper, more satisfying relationships
- Uncover who you truly are
- Take specific action to help heal the world
- Love your life
With just the right mix of loving support and kick-ass motivation, I personally guide you through every step of this process to clear out the crap and jump-start your life. With the small group sizes you receive plenty of individual attention. We do deep, profound work in the Life Reboot Program, but we also have a gut-busting good time doing it. There will be fascinating concepts to explore, but a big emphasis will also be put on life strategizing and practical game-plans. If you’re willing to come to the program with a sense of curiosity and you do the work, your life will change…I’ve seen it happen hundreds of times before.
Soul Journey to Egypt is a rare, small group adventure for men and women of discovery, enlivening, and renewal in one of the most mystical lands in the world!
This 10-day growth odyssey (Jan. 13-23), in benefit of Canada’s Animal Justice and the Egyptian Society for Mercy to Animals, includes my workshops throughout to explore, center, and empower your year ahead, the group’s own awesome Egyptologists, and getting up close and personal with the most magnificent and moving ancient sites in the world.
We’re going to stand together at the foot of the Great Pyramid and Sphinx, dance like Sufis, immerse ourselves in the exotic markets of old Cairo, hot-balloon over the monuments of Luxor, explore village life in Middle Egypt, and sail down the Nile like Cleopatra on a 4-night cruise to explore the hidden gems from Luxor to Aswan.
Let the mystical land of Egypt (with a little help from me!) awaken your most powerful and alive self!
VIDEO AND FULL ITINERARY