Instead of letting this be the restorative time of year that our body craves, we push it to output at the intensity level of nature’s highly productive spring/summer cycle. This incongruence can result in depression, sickness, and faster rates of burnout.
– do a restorative yoga class (here’s one online to try from my fave online yoga series “Yoga with Adriene”)
– stay in your PJs (or even better…a SNUGGIE!) for the whole day
– purposely walk/drive slower
– have a cuddling session with your fur baby or a human loved one
– cancel anything that requires you to be “on time”
– keep a big hot cup of tea always on hand
– turn your iPhone off for the day and read, journal, or meditate by the fire or under a big ‘ole blanket
– only play music that is ultra-soothing to you
– take a nap whenever the urge hits
Even if you have a lot on the agenda this weekend, see if you can at least set the intention to soften and slow-down a little around it all.
CALL FOR ACTION
I know “action” is kind of counter to what I just talked about ;), but I felt compelled to share this call for action because I teach about being an engaged citizen and I feel this is deeply important…
*****SIGN THE GOVERNMENT PETITION HERE*****
If you’d like to do more:
THANK-YOU! These small actions from many of us will add up to one HUGE VOICE FOR DEMOCRACY!