Welcome Spectacular Soul! I’m Kimberly Carroll, Body/Mind/Spirit Coach, Television Host/Producer, and Passionate World Citizen. My specialty is helping folks connect to their center, ignite their lives, and transform the world around them. My approach is soulful and practical with a dash of rowdiness.
As a coach I’ve helped people – from diplomats to bus drivers to authors – power up their lives from the inside out. As a television host and producer, I’ve showed up over the years on networks from North America to Africa to Europe. As an activist, I’ve mounted campaigns that have literally reached millions of people. I joke that for many seasons I had a television gig helping renovate houses and now here I am helping renovate lives.
Through my life-changing group programs, private coaching, speaking engagements, activism initiatives, writing, and media appearances, I now take folks though a heartfelt, uber-fun and utterly transforming process of uncovering their most true and powerful self and creating the life and world they love.
As a body/mind/spirit expert, I’ve been featured in the Globe and Mail and as a regular on Newstalk 1010’s “The Buddha Lounge”, CMT’s “Dedicated”, and Flow 93.5; I’ve written for ANNA Magazine, VividLife, and Positive Fabulous Women; and I’m one of the authors of the award-winning anthology “Soul Whispers”. Currently, I’m developing body/mind/spirit television and media content that’s lively, stylish, and cheeky.
You can find out more below about my approach as a coach and my background in media, in activism, and as a good ole human being below. And if you’re looking to ignite your life and world, join me for my Life Reboot Program (in-person in Toronto or as an online/tele-program), for private coaching, my blog adventures, one of my activism initiatives, on Facebook and Twitter, book me as a speaker, or join my mailing list (below) and hold on for the ride!!xo, Kimberly
Want to stay in touch? Be sure to subscribe…
Through my in-person and online Life Reboot Program, as well as private coaching, I work with women and men in a fun, inspiring, and practical process to ignite their mind, body, spirit, and heart and then design a life from powerful place… Think life coaching, but with a more holistic approach.
Whether you’re looking for help in realizing that big dream, addressing that nagging feeling of dissatisfaction, or turning up the dial on your business, body, spirit, or love life, I have all sorts of unique and effective techniques, teachings, and tools up my sleeve for both the novice and veteran self-explorer. People from all professions, cultures, and belief systems have reported a dramatic increase in the joy, clarity, love, confidence, peace, abundance, and meaning in their lives from doing this work with me.
I take a soulful, fun, experiential, practical, and deeply caring approach to your personal growth. I trained with world-renowned author, teacher, and healer Denise Linn to become a certified Soul Coach, so I weave this amazing modality through a lot of my work. I’m also very influenced by my experiences with the powerful Hoffman Process and my adventures in practicing Buddhism and yoga. You’ll find I pull from a wide variety of both Eastern and Western wellness, spiritual, and personal development methodologies and add my own “Kimberly twist” to it all.
Cornerstones of my coaching approach:
- helping you create light-bulb moments and then backing them up with practical tools and techniques to realistically implement permanent change in your life
- bringing a sense of humor and a dash of irreverence to this sometimes very challenging and profound self-work
- inviting your whole self (including the messy bits) to this exploration and working with your unique personality, background, and style
- an exploration of your consciousness and spirituality that is anti-dogma and relevant to your life. You don’t have to go meditate on a mountaintop to uncover more meaning in your life…you can start right here, right now, & with exactly who you are
- helping you find your unique and most effective way of making the world a better place
- an experiential and holistic approach to healing — more doing than talking
- encouraging you to carve your own path knowing YOU ultimately have all your own best answers at your center. My job is to guide you and sometimes lovingly kick your butt towards accessing and executing that wisdom.
Important elements of my approach include:
- physical cathartic work
- tangible, easy-to-use tools
- laughter and fun
- guided visualizations that work on a deep experiential level
- techniques to unleash your power
- setting quantifiable goals and designing ways to stay accountable to them
- embracing your inner “bad boy”/”bad girl”
- core wound/limiting beliefs work
- establishing regular routines to keep you connected to your center
- art therapy – using creativity for self-exploration
- shadow work – working with your darker, disowned qualities as a means to your whole self
- connection to nature
- meditation and other mindfulness practices
- accepting and loving yourself as is
- music as a tool to inspire and change your state
- learning constructive ways to work with discomfort and pain
- developing your intuition
- community/group support and momentum
- celebration and play
Not only do I want to help inspire, heal, and activate you towards your most extraordinary life, I want you to LOVE THE RIDE!
The Media Maven
I’ve spent most of my adult life working in the media as a host, arts & entertainment report, and producer on shows ranging from the popular comedic design show “Take This House and Sell It!” on W Network and WE TV to “E Now” on CTV to “Definitely Not the Opera” on CBC Radio. I have a degree in Radio and Television Arts from Toronto’s Ryerson University and my first on-air job was as a news reporter in my home province of Manitoba. I credit my background in acting, sketch comedy, music, and improv for making me quick on my feet as a television personality.
I now enjoy being a guest as a coach and body/mind/spirit expert for various radio, tv, and online programs. Through my Divine Redhead Productions, I’m working on creating personal growth and conscious living programming that is funny, soulful, and sexy. More about booking me as a media guest or speaker…
The Soulful Activist
I’m an activist passionate about politics, human rights, environmental issues, and especially animal protection. I’ve fronted and coordinated many animal campaigns and am a vibrant vegan! Some projects I’m especially proud of… I was the campaign co-creator, co-coordinator, and spokesperson for the “Why love one but eat the other?” ad series on the Toronto subway system that created an international pro-veg ripple. I was one of the founding members of Mercy For Animals Canada – whose undercover investigations into factory farming in Canada have been covered by news organizations around the world and inspired Canadians to extend their circle of compassion to farmed animals. Currently, I am pleased to be doing work with Animal Justice, a charity dedicated to advancing public knowledge of animal practices and preventing the abuse and killing of animals through the law, as well as helping run the Toronto Vegetarian Food Bank which provides cruelty-free, eco-conscious, and healthy foods to those in need.
One of my personal missions is to get those who are cultivating their best life to also actively help create a better world and to help those who are already being of service to go inward and do this important work from their most powerful and loving center. More…
The Human Being
I’m originally a prairie girl hailing from Brandon (“The Wheat City”), Manitoba. Even though I’ve lived in Toronto for many years now, I still say “hello!” to people I pass on the street (you can take the gal out of “Friendly Manitoba”, but you can’t take the “Friendly Manitoba” out of the gal!)
My own personal growth journey has been a wild and winding one. I think I was born asking questions about the meaning of life, but it wasn’t until hitting a “wake-up wall” in my 20s that my body/mind/spirit adventure kicked into high gear…
I was a young, driven woman living a fast-paced mildly glamorous show biz life until I realized with great alarm one day that I wasn’t actually HERE for this fabulous life. I had gotten so caught up in the chase and proving my worth, I’d lost the connection to the moment, to others, and to myself… Basically, I had become an overachieving zombie!
The thought of getting to the end of my life and realizing I’d missed being present for most of it managed to scare the hell out of me, so I embarked on a serious mission to WAKE UP. Over the next few years, this quest took me from India to Manitoba to Australia, through ashrams and pubs, powerful teachers and bad stumbles, eye-opening philosophies and overly earnest B.S., annoying blocks and incredible life-changing techniques. I continually took what I learned and shaped it so that it could resonate with the reality of who I was and where I was coming from.
It didn’t happen overnight, but I changed on a deep level, and so did my life… I found my true power and started to grow into a person I love. I became more engaged in the world around me and I eventually became a guide for others wanting to live bolder, more conscious lives.
Everyday I continue to learn and grow as I work to be a fierce supporter of soul awakenings, animals, laughter, the planet, social justice, creativity, human potential, and love.
Some other random Kimberly Facts…
- I originated the role of naughty pin-up girl Bettie Page in the musical “Kink!”
- I spent a month living as a yogi in an ashram
- I have terrible handwriting…that’s why I’ve learned to type 70 wpm
- I value being loving over being right
- I started teaching guitar lessons at age 14
- I’ve been known to swear at my daily oracle cards
- I was the media liaison for the Consulate of Taiwan
- I used to keep pet flies as a ploy to get my parents to get me a dog
- I’ve lay on a pink bed of nails in city squares around the world (long story!)
- Steak & KFC were my favorite foods growing up (heart attack, anyone?) — I’ve now been veg for 21 years because of my love for animals
- I have no problem walking in six inch heels, but I love me my barefoot time
- I pretended to know how to read palms in elementary school so I could be popular (my popularity lasted for two recesses)
- I’ve logged about 500 hours of hosting live television in my life
- I’m pretty chicken about taking physical risks, but have still managed to end up skydiving, parasailing, and purposely standing in front of an on-coming stampede
- Some folks you’ll hear me quoting regularly: Pema Chodron, Rumi, Tara Brach, SARK, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Anais Nin, Leonard Cohen, Lao Tzu, and Ani DiFranco
- I’m a hugger