It’s April and here in Toronto (and many places across the country) we just got a huge dump of snow. :/
Well, I say regardless of the shenanigans Mother Nature is pulling, we get the process of spring renewal ignited in ourselves!
Next Wednesday I’ll be doing a free webinar with Positive Fabulous Women about unleashing more JOY in your spring ahead. If you’re a grad of one of my programs, I have a Grad Circle with the theme of “Your Spring Spark” happening next week. Also, And for those REALLY serious about spring revitalization, I have a Toronto Life Reboot Program and a Life Reboot Online/Tele-Program starting the end of April! *You can find more details on all of these below
In the meantime, I’ve got 5 powerful little tools to share with you to help launch your own spring rejuvenation…
1. Bringing Meaning to Spring Cleaning – You can turn this regularly pain-in-the-ass household tradition into a powerful inner practice. Just choose an area or items to clean that you can attach some symbolic emotional meaning to… If you’re sick of being single and itching for some spring lovin’, how about clearing out those old sweatshirts and love notes from your ex? If finances have been suffering, zero in on cleaning up your desk. If you’ve been feeling sluggish and low, how about washing those grimy windows in your living room? With whatever area you land on, choose a mantra to repeat during this task that will help connect the outer cleansing to inner cleansing, like: “I’m clearing the way for sparkling joy to pour into me!” Then throw yourself into buffing that window and feel that joy start to percolate in your body!
2. Shedding Your Winter Skin – You might be a little grossed out to realize how many layers of dead skin have built up on your body over the winter. Dry-brushing is a simple, inexpensive, but super-effective detox technique to exfoliate dead skin cells and help your skin BREATHE again. Before you shower, take a brush (a natural fiber brush is optimal, but if that’s not available to you even a rough towel can work), start with brisk upward strokes at your feet and make your way up your body. Use lighter brushes on your neck and face to avoid looking like you got attacked by a raccoon. Jump in the shower to slough off all the dead skin.
3. Revitalizing Habit – Is there a specific action you can commit to doing each day for the rest of the spring season that invigorates and enlivens you? It could be stretching every morning for 5 minutes or eating an extra serving of organic raw vegetables. Other ideas: playing with your fur baby for 10 minutes a day, wearing a colorful item each day, drinking 2 jugs of water a day, or having a daily dance break? Make it something manageable and keep track of how you do in your calendar or journal.
4. Cyber Clutter-Clearing – It’s hard to feel the lightness of spring when you’ve got 10,000 unread messages in your inbox and your smartphone is filled with apps you don’t even remember downloading. Commit an hour to taking on a particularly unwieldy area of your electronics. Same rules apply as with regular decluttering: If you don’t love it or use it, lose it! Or, at least get it off your main devices and onto some external storage. Enter your spring feeling electronically fit and trim!
5. Take it Outdoors – What’s more renewing than fully experiencing nature push the great reset button? So, start taking your ordinary life outdoors as much as possible even if it’s not always “convenient”. Have your morning coffee out on the steps (even if you need to do it under a big ‘ole blanket), take your laptop out to the park (why have a laptop if you never use it anywhere but the office?!) Start drying your clothes outside again. Grab any chance to get out there and feel/see/smell/seize the world awakening!
Any day now (do you hear me, Mother Nature?), the flora and fauna will begin renewing itself with great magnificence. Whaddya say we jump ON that powerful bandwagon of awakening, invigoration, and action?!
“If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall.”
~ Nadine Stair
FREE JOY WEBINAR
If you feel like you’ve been trudging through life, ticking off all the boxes, but not feeling the JOY, join me for this fun, soulful, & invigorating FREE 1-hour webinar I mentioned above! It’s hosted by Positive Fabulous Women and you’re all invited! (guys…you too!)
I’ll be helping you connect experientially to the transforming powers of joy and show you foolproof ways to immediately spark more joy in your daily life and work.
Wed., Jan. 13, 2015 – 1pm – ONLINE
I’m honored to be one of the “status-quo crushers” featured in Deb Ozarko’s new book Unplug: 26 People Share How They Recharge and Reconnect to Passion, Presence and Purpose
This is a book that inspires readers to unplug from their programming and into their deepest expression of who they are. And I’m in the most gorgeous of company including Seane Corn, Gene Baur, Jo-Anne McArthur, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Rich Roll, Dr. Will Tuttle, & Colleen Patrick-Goudreau.
Check out Deb’s awesome work to awake more consciousness and love in this world.
TORONTO GRAD CIRCLES
(small workshops for grads of my programs)
THEME: Your Spring Spark
10 people maximum – $40
Tues, Apr. 12 , 2016 *bring a guest option
(if there is enough interest, I will also do a grad circle on Wed., Apr. 13, 2016 – email to express your interest in Wed.)
For this Grad Circle, we’ll shake off any heaviness from the winter, do a deep revitalizing soul journey, explore the goals/qualities calling to us for the spring, and put into place create expansive habits and actions for the season ahead.
*This Grad Circle is open for grads to bring a guest! If you have been looking for a good way to introduce your brother/spouse/best friend/mom/etc. to my workshops, this is an ideal opportunity!
Please email me to register.
LIFE REBOOT PROGRAM
This inspiring, practical, and daring personal development program combines DAILY work for 7 weeks (powerful audio recordings, exercises, & online coaching to create shifts on a tangible real-life level) with intimate and exhilarating weekly workshops that will center, heal, and power up both your personal and professional life. Get ready to ignite your next MAGNIFICENT chapter!
TORONTO Life Reboot Program
begins Apr. 26 – runs daily for 7 weeks
8 in-person workshops – TUESDAYS 7-10pm
Life Reboot ONLINE/TELE-Program
begins Apr. 27 – runs daily for 7 weeks
8 phone workshops – WEDNESDAYS 7-8:30pm